Nominee!
Best Blog, Best
Personal Blog &
Best Family Blog
Canadian Blog Awards


Blog Of The Day Awards Winner


Finalist!
Best Canadian Blog


Nominee!
Best New &
Best Humour Blog



Published at
ParentingHumor.com


Parent's Home Office



Tell a friend:



If you are linking to "Thoughts2Page" on your website, please feel free to copy and use this button:



My Photo
Name:
Location: Quebec, Canada

Elaine's writing has finally tumbled into cyberspace! After writing content under the radar for other websites, she is coming clean and tagging her opinions, humor and sarcasm with her own name.

If you like what you read (or even if you don't), Elaine would love to hear from you. Click on the "Comments" link at the end of any entry or email her and put your own "thoughts2page"! If you really like what you read, be sure to tell a friend!

Email Feedback!
"Love your stuff! ... your comments are spot on"...DB, Canada

"...thoroughly enjoyed your comments and very honest outlook on life. Very well done, keep up the good work."...KS, UK

"Your stuff just gets better and better!" ...JH, USA

"I Love this! I don't think I can get enough of your writing. I like your style!"...SS, USA

"Great - now the people at my new job think I'm the village idiot who sits at her desk in the morning and laughs - ALONE!" ...DH, Canada


Powered by Blogger

Site Feed

Creative Commons Licence

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

blog search directory

Listed on BlogsCanada


Humor & fun cool stuff

Flookie Blog Search

Blog Directory & Search engine

Blog-Sweet

FindingBlog - Blog Directory

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Walmart Wonderland

Hello everyone! I know, I know... you thought I dropped off the face of the Earth, didn'tcha? For reasons that are too long (and certainly too boring!) to explain, let's just say I took... hrmmm... a REEEEEALLY extended coffee break. If you know me, then you know the amount of pee time that generates MORE than accounts for where I've been ;) Thanks very much to those of you who still read and left comments while I was gone. That means the world to me! Since I noticed there has been an uptick in hits to my previous holiday posts, I want to believe ya'll are feeling festive. Of course, that leads me wonder why you're reading blogs instead of dragging your arses into those storage rooms and haulin' out the decorations ... but I'll assume you just need a little inspiration :D

So here, for your singing pleasure, is a nifty little ditty to get you rolling. You can thank me later for the ear worm. No, no! NOT the crusty, rolled up, dried out thing that you found under the Christmas tree box. Jeez. It's one of those tunes that gets in your head and, try as you might, you can't shake the damn thing out... well, go ahead and try this... you'll see what I mean *grin*


Walmart Wonderland
(sung to the tune of "Walking in a Winter Wonderland")

You wake up, it’s December!
Must have slept through November
The panic sets in, it’s Christmas again
And you head off to the Walmart Wonderland

On the way there you’re jiving
To Christmas tunes, while you’re driving
Convince yourself with a grin, “Christmas SPIRIT kicked in!”
As you pull into the Walmart Wonderland

In the parking lot, there are no spaces
You drive around just looking for one more
Park in back with all the tractor trailers
Then find out you missed a spot right by the door (ARGH!)

You walk in, spot the greeter
(That smiley face - can you beat her?)
Grabbing a cart, your mission you start
Shopping at the Walmart Wonderland

Wander aimlessly for hours
Through toiletries and CD towers
“Next time,” you insist, “I’ll shop with a LIST!”
To survive a day in Walmart Wonderland

As you stare at the shelves, you get why Santa has elves
To avoid the time in Walmart Wonderlaaaaaaaaand


(You're welcome :) Now doesn't decorating seem much more appealing? *wink*)

Comments on "Walmart Wonderland"

 

post a comment

Google